Monday, April 26, 2010

After-School-Meal

The other day, I got home and I wanted to make something simple but super tasty. Here's what I ended up doing.

Easy Tofu and Green Beans

Ingredients:
1/3 brick tofu
A handful of green beans
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon chili garlic sauce (this can be found in the Asian foods section of the grocery store)
Vegetable oil or butter

Directions:
Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil
Cut the tofu into squares and then fry in the the oil or butter (depending on what you prefer. I go back and forth on my preferance) until golden and crunchy on both sides.
Once the water has been brought to a boil, throw in the green beans and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are the crunchiness that you prefer (I like them to be more crunchy than mushy).
Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and the chili garlic sauce together. Adjust to your liking.
Once the tofu and the green beans are cooked, place in a bowl and pour the sauce over top. Enjoy!


This dish is easy, healthy and satisfying. What more could you ask for?

4 comments:

  1. Ok, risking sounding really stupid...how are you slicing your tofu to get those squares??? This is sooo something I would make for dinner...thanks!!! Perhaps you should come home and be my private chef ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I slice the brick a couple of centimeters in and then cut that strip in half. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy, healthy, tasty - not difficult to achieve at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! It makes it a perfect after-school-meal.

    ReplyDelete