Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cupcake Craze

A new bakery opened up in Davis this year, called Let Them Eat Cake. Every time I took the bus to or from campus, I would see a sign advertising their shop. One day, there was a write-up about this bakery in The Aggie. It turns out that the shop is owned by two UC Davis students and their mother. The two girls split their time between classes, studying and running the shop. I was a little jealous. Opening up a restaurant/bakery/cafe has always been one of my dreams. Finally, one day last fall, I decided to stop in with some friends. I was completely floored by how delicious their cupcakes were! They have three cupcakes that they serve every day and then they rotate the rest of their flavors. Since I got back to Davis, this quarter, my roommate and I have been saying we wanted to stop back in and today, we finally did.

Let Them Eat Cake

423 L Street - Suite B
Davis, CA 95616
530-750-CAKE




Illegally Blonde: This is a Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla Frosting! Sweet and simple and one of their Daily Flavors




Scarlett: This cupcake is one of their Daily Flavors. It is a Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting.



Cheeky-Monkey: A Bananas Foster Cupcake with Rum Infused Cream Cheese Frosting!



Doodlebug: Get-a-load of this one! It is a Honey Cupcake with Lavender Infused Cream Cheese Frosting. Do I need to explain how heavenly it is?



Dubliner: This is another Daily Flavor, for good reason! Guinness Stout Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting...perfection.



If you live in Davis, I highly recommend stopping by. It may be a little out of the way, since it's not downtown, but it's highly worth it! Check out their menu so you know what day they will be serving your favorites. And if you don't live in Davis, come visit me and I'll treat you to a cupcake!

8 comments:

  1. SO incredible. The Cheeky-Monkey looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... So it's a good thing that I ate BEFORE I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcakes. Not just for breakfast anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one of each of them...you and me next time I am there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so goooooooooood!


    Lovely blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cupcakes look wonderful-might be time for a midnight snack in illinois... i made your macaroni and cheese recipe the other day and it was so very delicious!

    ReplyDelete