Monday, May 31, 2010

Yearning For Some Blogging

Oh goodness, do I miss my blogs. I just made one of my summer favorites: My Mom's Shortcake Topped with Milk and Rhubarb Compote and it makes me very sad that I don't have a camera to show you all. I'm sure I'll make it again once I have a camera and then I will be sharing it with you all.

In the meantime, I want to share a video with you. Sophie Dahl is quickly becoming one of my favorite food lovers. She is the granddaughter of the childrens' book author, Roald Dahl and a writer and a former model, but she claims her first love to be food. Her cookbook, Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights and her new show, The Delicious Miss Dahl are full of recipes, inspired by her childhood love of food, which was cultivated by her parents' and grandparents' passion for cooking.

Miss Dahl is the same type of food lover that I am--though we lack professional training, the art form we learned from our families and the joy of cooking for those that we love is what inspires us to continue.

Here's a link for a clip of her new show on BBC2. The imagery, her choice of words and the delicate way in which she creates her dishes simply captivate me. Please watch. I hope you enjoy.

 Rhubarb and Rosewater Eton Mess--The Delicious Miss Dahl

2 comments:

  1. wow, I'll have to read through your blog - I am not the world's greatest cook - ha!
    I don't think my friend made the frog and toad - I'll find out where she got them, though, and let you know.
    thanks for visiting - I'll be back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much! I loved Frog and Toad so much when I was a kid. I hope you enjoy my blog and can find some recipes you'd like to try out.

    ReplyDelete