Saturday, March 13, 2010

Everything is Better Homemade

Saint Patrick's Day has always been a big deal in my house. My mom has no Irish blood in her, but my dad does and she's a good sport and celebrates the day with us. I wanted to make some Irish-themed cupcakes for this Saint Patrick's Day, but I figured that I should go all out and start completely from scratch. It's so easy, why not make your own Bailey's?

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream Recipe
Adapted from Cupcake Project

Ingredients:
1 Cup heavy cream
14 Ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 Cups Irish Whiskey
1 Teaspoon instant coffee
2 Tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 Teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in blender. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using. This should keep for up to 2 months.


2 comments:

  1. It's like this is a precurser to home-brewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Had Baileys last night.... yours looks better! -- Susie

    ReplyDelete